Grading: This is graded on your understanding of the assigned readings and the lectures as well as on your ability to write in a clear and concise manner. You are neither required not encouraged to use sources other than the assigned readings and lecture slides.
Paper Prompts: Write on ONE of the following topics:
(1) Explain the Ship of Theseus paradox. Explain the transitivity of identity. Why can we not solve the paradox by imposing a threshold of how many parts may be changed (e.g., 5%) before a thing (e.g., a ship) isnâ€t the same any longer? How would you solve the Ship of Theseus paradox?
(2) Explain McTaggartâ€s distinction between an A-series and a B-series of time. Is McTaggart right in claiming that it is not merely a terminological distinction? Explain McTaggartâ€s thesis that the A-series involves a contradiction. What, if anything, is problematic about McTaggartâ€s argument to the effect that the A-series involves a contradiction?
(3) What is time travel? Explain the grandfather paradox. Explain David Lewisâ€s solution to the grandfather paradox. Do you find Lewisâ€s solution convincing and why?
(4) Explain the distinction between fatalism and causal determinism. Explain the argument for fatalism from foreknowledge. Suppose you were Osmo and you found the book describing your past and future life in a local library. Would it be rational for you adopt a fatalistic attitude and why? How, if at all, do you think that your situation differs from Osmoâ€s? Are those differences relevant to the question of whether you have free will?
(5) Explain the paradox of omnipotence. Which solution to the paradox of omnipotence do you find most convincing? Explain the solution. Explain why the solution of your choice is superior compared to competing solutions. Are they any problems with the solution of your choice and, if there are, how can they be dealt with?
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount! Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
The post 1200-1800paper-must-use-source-from-attached-doc appeared first on Essay Fount.
What Students Are Saying About Us.......... Customer ID: 12*** | Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"Honestly, I was afraid to send my paper to you, but you proved you are a trustworthy service. My essay was done in less than a day, and I received a brilliant piece. I didn’t even believe it was my essay at first 🙂 Great job, thank you!"
.......... Customer ID: 11***| Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"This company is the best there is. They saved me so many times, I cannot even keep count. Now I recommend it to all my friends, and none of them have complained about it. The writers here are excellent."