1. Visit an art museum in person and submit proof of attendance at the museum you choose (photo of yourself in front of the museum or a museum sign, scanned brochure or schedule of events, admission fee receipt or gift shop receipt). For a list of area museums, please see the Sources of Museum Visit folder below. If you live outside the Washington, DC Metro area, please contact me for approval or ideas for museum visits.
2. You will then write a minimum 3-page paper on THREE art works from the museum you visit.
3. Your paper must include proper identification of each of the three art works; a discussion of:
– the style/movement each work fits into and explanation – a discussion of 2-3 formal elements related to each work you discuss
Use Art Critique Form for Museum Project to identify each of the art works you choose. You may print out the form and use it as a note taking aide (no need to submit the form with the paper).
4. Your paper must also include an introduction and a conclusion, a heading and proper grammar/spelling/sentence structure. Please use the “Art 100 Museum Paper Grading Rubric” (attached above) as a checklist as you write your paper to ensure that ALL required information is included in each section of your paper.
5. Check out the main menu button labeled “Weblinks” for help with writing your paper.
6. Save your file and submit your paper using the Submit Your Museum Paper link.
Points: 130 points (see the Grading Criteria below)
I WILL HAVE TOU GIVE YOU INFORMATION TO INTO PUT ….LIKE THE THREE ARTWORKS I WILL CHOOSE FROM THE ART MUSEUM ILL VISIT.
Use this to make sure all is covered in the 3 page paper.
Art 100 Museum Project
· Artist: _____________________________________________
· Title: _____________________________________________
· Date & Medium: _____________________________________
1. Discuss the formal elements (line, shape, form, value, texture, space, color, etc).
2. Discuss the principles of art (balance, emphasis, harmony, variety, gradation, movement, rhythm, proportion, space, etc).
3. Discuss the historical precedence of the work. How does the work reflect the time period or artistic style of the era?
4. What is your personal interpretation of the work? Provide ample justification for your opinions.
5. What is the artist trying to convey? What is her/his message to the viewer? Was she/he successful? Does the artist utilize signs/symbols/iconography to communicate this message?
6. Who is the intended audience? Mass public, specific patron, specific religion and/or specific country? How did you determine the audience? Provide at least one specific justification for your opinion.
7. What is depicted in the work? Is the artist conveying a specific moment or is the work a continuous narrative? Where does the work take place? Describe the subject matter and/or subjects.
8. Did your initial opinion of the work change after further analysis? Why or why not? Please provide ample justification for your opinions.
THIS IS TH GRADING RUBIC
Art 100 Museum Paper Grading Rubric
130 Points Possible
Visual Record of Attendance submitted 5 pts. possible
Format/Style: 10 pts. possible
Typed, double spaced, 12 pt. font maximum, minimum of 3 pages (of text!) in length
Heading with name, date, course name and number
Grammar, spelling and sentence construction does not impede comprehension; sources cited, if applicable
Titles of works of art are italicized or underlined, NOT in quotations
Introduction: 10 pts. possible
Includes name of museum, date of visit,identifies a general commonality/theme between the three works
Body: FOR EACH OF THE 3 ARTWORKS YOU CHOOSE:
30 pts. each work = 90 pts. possible
Use critique form to identify each art work
Describe content/subject matter
Identify a STYLE the work represents – use your textbook. Explain how/why the work fits into this STYLE
Identify and describe 2-3 formal elements: line, color, composition, etc. – use your textbook
Conclusion: 15 pts. possible
Give your personal reaction to the three works you chose (what you liked or did not like, 5 pts.) and describe how this assignment expanded your appreciation of art (5 pts.).
TOTAL: 130 pts. possible
“WE’VE HAD A GOOD SUCCESS RATE ON THIS ASSIGNMENT. PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH Essayfount.com AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT”
The post 3 Page Paper appeared first on essayfount.
What Students Are Saying About Us.......... Customer ID: 12*** | Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"Honestly, I was afraid to send my paper to you, but you proved you are a trustworthy service. My essay was done in less than a day, and I received a brilliant piece. I didn’t even believe it was my essay at first 🙂 Great job, thank you!"
.......... Customer ID: 11***| Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"This company is the best there is. They saved me so many times, I cannot even keep count. Now I recommend it to all my friends, and none of them have complained about it. The writers here are excellent."