1. A leadership model _________.
a. is an explanation of some aspect of leadership
b. has practical value
c. is used when selecting the appropriate leadership style for a given situation
d. explains the variables and leadership styles to be used in a given contingency situation
2. The most powerful determinant of overall situational favorableness is __________.
a. task structure
b. locus of control
c. position power
d. leader−member relations
3. Which of the following best represents a situation in which a task-oriented leadership style
should be used?
a. A leader with weak power has good relations with a repetitive task worker.
b. A leader with weak power has good relations with a nonrepetitive task worker.
c. A leader with strong power has poor relations with a repetitive task worker.
d. A leader with weak power has poor relations with a repetitive task worker.
4. Before selecting one of the seven leadership styles on the leadership continuum, the
leader must consider which one of the following variables?
a. the situation
b. the leader’s personality
c. the followers’ preferred style for the leader
d. All of the above.
5. Based on the situational factors, the _________ leadership style provides high structure.
6. All seven questions in the normative leadership model ___________.
a. are always answered in the same order for important decisions
b. need not always be answered for certain decisions
c. are based on scientific research
d. can be nullified in the case of low employee motivation
7. All of the following are substitutes for leadership EXCEPT:
a. characteristics of followers.
b. characteristics of the task.
c. characteristics of the organization.
d. characteristics of the leader.
8. A characteristic of the organization that can substitute for leadership is ___________.
a. closely knit, cohesive work groups
b. invariant methodology
d. intrinsic satisfaction
9. Most day-to-day manager-employee interactions are based on _________ power.
10. The use of referent power is appropriate for __________.
a. higher-level managers
c. people with no position power
d. people with no personal power
11. Distortion of information includes ___________.
a. giving a biased interpretation of data
b. presenting false information
c. selective editing
d. All of the above.
12. To increase connection power, __________.
a. develop a network of information sources and gather information from them
b. follow the guidelines for using the coalition influencing tactic
c. project a positive self-concept
d. All of the above.
13. Because of political behavior, __________.
a. most important decisions are made by coalitions outside of the formal meeting in which
the decision is made
b. coalitions tend to break down over time
c. reciprocity is hard to establish due to lack of trust in organizations
d. None of the above.
14. Your one-minute self-sell should do all of the following EXCEPT:
a. identify your career field and key results you’ve achieved.
b. give the listener a sense of your background.
c. provide the direction of your next job.
d. identify your specific salary requirements.
15. __________ is a process in which two or more parties are in conflict and attempt to come
to an agreement.
a. Problem solving
b. Decision making
16. During negotiations, which of the following should you do?
a. Ask questions to focus on meeting your needs.
b. Develop rapport and focus on the obstacles.
c. Ask for something in return.
d. You make the first offer to get the advantage.
17. As a general rule, to send difficult and unusual messages, use ___________.
a. detailed written communication channels
b. phone calls
c. rich oral channels
d. face-to-face oral channels
18. Which of the following is NOT a step in the oral message-sending process?
a. develop rapport
b. state your communication objective
c. transmit your message
d. check the receiver’s commitment
19. ___________ is the process of giving the speaker your undivided attention.
c. Checking understanding
20. Which of the following is NOT one of the guidelines you should use when getting feedback
a. ask questions
b. be aware of nonverbal communication
c. verify the message
d. be open to feedback
21. Which of the following is NOT one of the coaching guidelines?
a. give praise and recognition
b. make feedback timely, but flexible
c. focus on the person, not the behavior
d. develop a supportive working relationship
22. Having employees assess their own performance is a part of ___________.
c. conflict resolution
23. Which of the following is typically NOT a mentor?
b. higher-level managers
c. immediate managers
24. Which of the following is true about the avoiding conflict style?
a. should never be used
b. does not result in resolution of the conflict
c. often results in problems worsening
d. should be used if continuing the confrontation may result in retaliation or physical
25. The _________ conflict style user assertively attempts to jointly resolve the conflict with
the best solution agreeable to all parties.
“WE’VE HAD A GOOD SUCCESS RATE ON THIS ASSIGNMENT. PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH Essayfount.com AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT”
The post A Leadership Model appeared first on essayfount.
What Students Are Saying About Us.......... Customer ID: 12*** | Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"Honestly, I was afraid to send my paper to you, but you proved you are a trustworthy service. My essay was done in less than a day, and I received a brilliant piece. I didn’t even believe it was my essay at first 🙂 Great job, thank you!"
.......... Customer ID: 11***| Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"This company is the best there is. They saved me so many times, I cannot even keep count. Now I recommend it to all my friends, and none of them have complained about it. The writers here are excellent."