Assignment 4 – What is a Hunter?
Please read “What is a Hunter?” by Robert G. Schreiner (Scroll down to the second page):
Answer the following questions. Elaborate and answer as much as you can. Extremely short answers will be marked wrong. Again, elaborate as much as you can. Also, answer in complete sentences. Do not delete the questions. Provide an answer underneath each question.
- Where in the essay do you first begin to suspect the writer’s feelings about hunting? What in the essay or in your experience led you to this perception?
- How would you characterize the writer’s grandfather? Elaborate as much as you can by providing examples from the text.
- How would you characterize the writer’s cousin? Elaborate as much as you can by providing examples from the text.
- How did the writer’s understanding of himself change as a result of this hunting experience?
- How might the essay be strengthened or weakened if the opening paragraph were cut out? Without this paragraph, how would your understanding of the author and his change be different?
- Would Schreiner’s essay be more or less effective if he explained in the last paragraph what he means by “much more to being a hunter”?
- What are some of Schreiner’s memorable images? Describe.
- What is your overall opinion on Schreiner’s experience as a hunter?
- Why does Schreiner believe that the experience was a “waste of life”?
- Do you think that Schreiner could have avoided killing the rabbits?
What Students Are Saying About Us.......... Customer ID: 12*** | Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"Honestly, I was afraid to send my paper to you, but you proved you are a trustworthy service. My essay was done in less than a day, and I received a brilliant piece. I didn’t even believe it was my essay at first 🙂 Great job, thank you!"
.......... Customer ID: 11***| Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"This company is the best there is. They saved me so many times, I cannot even keep count. Now I recommend it to all my friends, and none of them have complained about it. The writers here are excellent."