View the graph in the website at http://www.antarcticglaciers.org/glaciers-and-climate/ice-cores/ice-core-basics/ (Links to an external site.) , the current CO2 concentration at http://keelingcurve.ucsd.edu (Links to an external site.), and the carbon cycle at http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/Features/CarbonCycle/ (Links to an external site.) Also, read the section on climate change in Chapter 11 of your textbook.
Compare current CO2 levels to the concentrations from the past 450,000 years. Based on these websites and the textbook, answer the following questions:
- Explain how the carbon cycle works.
- What is the current CO2 concentration in parts per million (ppm)?
- How does this compare to the highs or lows over the past 450,000 years?
- What are the three most abundant sources from which humans add CO2 to the atmosphere?
- Explain the two main natural carbon sinks that remove CO2 from the atmosphere.
- Explain in detail two ways deforestation contributes to the increase in CO2 levels.
- What are some other greenhouse gases, and how do their concentrations compare to the past 450,000 years?
- Based on the data, are humans contributing to climate change, or is it strictly a natural part of the cycle? Defend your answer. You must weigh all of the data, and use them to formulate your conclusion.
Your paper should meet the following requirements:
- 3-4 pages in length
- 1-2 outside sources
- Formatted according to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA Requirements (Links to an external site.)
It is strongly recommended that you submit all assignments to the TurnItIn Originality Check prior to submitting the assignment to your instructor for grading. If you are uncertain how to submit an assignment to TurnItIn, please review the TurnItIn Originality Check – Student guide for step-by-step instructions.
What Students Are Saying About Us.......... Customer ID: 12*** | Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"Honestly, I was afraid to send my paper to you, but you proved you are a trustworthy service. My essay was done in less than a day, and I received a brilliant piece. I didn’t even believe it was my essay at first 🙂 Great job, thank you!"
.......... Customer ID: 11***| Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"This company is the best there is. They saved me so many times, I cannot even keep count. Now I recommend it to all my friends, and none of them have complained about it. The writers here are excellent."