Book Review Instructions: Students are required to submit a 4-5 page (typed and double-spaced) critical review of Incidents in the Life of a Slave Girl. Your review should be typed and double-spaced using 12 point Times New Roman type font, 1" margins all around top, bottom, left, right. You need to support your review with specific evidence from the memoir. No direct quotation can be used in your book review.
You should consider the following questions:
- What is the author’s thesis or main argument? Are you convinced by her argument?
- What is her main purpose in writing?
- How has the author’s experience shaped her attitude or world view?
- Does the author use any historical evidence (besides personal experience) to make her arguments?
- Discuss the most important new information you learned about the era from the memoir.
- Describe how the memoir reinforced or challenged ideas about the era that you have learned from the assigned readings, class discussions, or popular perception.
- How do the specific events in the memoir impact our current society? Can you make any connections to the contemporary world?
- Would you recommend this memoir to others? Be specific in your analysis.
What Students Are Saying About Us.......... Customer ID: 12*** | Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"Honestly, I was afraid to send my paper to you, but you proved you are a trustworthy service. My essay was done in less than a day, and I received a brilliant piece. I didn’t even believe it was my essay at first 🙂 Great job, thank you!"
.......... Customer ID: 11***| Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"This company is the best there is. They saved me so many times, I cannot even keep count. Now I recommend it to all my friends, and none of them have complained about it. The writers here are excellent."