For this assignment, please read the following article about Walmart’s inventory management practices:
Then answer the following questions:
1. According to the article, what were Walmart’s total sales in 2010? Go to Walmart.com and find Walmart’s most recent annual report (published in 2019). What were its total sales in 2019, 2020 and 2021?
2. According to the 2021 annual report, what was Walmart’s operating income in 2019, 2020 and 2021? Did it increase or decrease over the past 3 years? Why?
3. According to the article, Walmart is engaged in the operations of retail stores in all 50 states, plus what other countries?
4. According to the article, how does Walmart cater to the individual inventory needs of its stores?
5. What did Walmart develop in 1983?
6. What is “unproductive inventory”? How was Walmart able to reduce unproductive inventory?
7. Who did Walmart partner with in 2001 and how did this benefit the company?
8. What did Walmart do to protect itself against the risk of a major breakdown or service interruption?
9. Read the following article on Walmart:
After reading this article, what do you think about the future of Walmart? Do you think it’s a good time to invest in Walmart stock? Why or why not? (answer using 5-8 complete sentences).
What Students Are Saying About Us.......... Customer ID: 12*** | Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"Honestly, I was afraid to send my paper to you, but you proved you are a trustworthy service. My essay was done in less than a day, and I received a brilliant piece. I didn’t even believe it was my essay at first 🙂 Great job, thank you!"
.......... Customer ID: 11***| Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"This company is the best there is. They saved me so many times, I cannot even keep count. Now I recommend it to all my friends, and none of them have complained about it. The writers here are excellent."