Prepare and plan for an upcoming negotiation that you anticipate doing during the term (personal or professional. Ex: salary or promotion, new schedule at work, buying or selling a car, agreement with roommate or landlord, next week end activities with girlfriend/boyfriend…)
Use and fill the form “Journal #2: Negotiation Preparation”. Upload in Moodle. 1200 to 1500 words maximum.
1. How would you define the situation or the problem? What is the “gap”?
|Current situation (your view/their view)||Ideal situation (your view/their view)|
2. Is there potential for negotiation? Why? Explain
|Problem to solve? Whose problem is it?|
|Conflict to resolve?|
|Value to create?|
|Resources to share?|
|Is there interdependency between the parties?|
3. Who are the stakeholders? Primary (P) or Secondary (S) What is at stake for them? Explain shortly
|Stakeholder||P or S?||At stake?|
What is at stake? Commodities (C): land, $, material / Principles (P) : Values, beliefs, ideas, reputation / Territory (T): Physical, psychological / Relationship (R): power, role, prejudice…
4. What is your goal? What are your interests/needs/wants? What are the goals and interests of the counterpart?
5. What are your fears/concerns/worries?
6. Is there shared interest? Why?
7. Human factors
8. Situation assessment
a) Is it one-shot, long-term or repetitive?
b) Do the negotiations involve scarce resources, ideologies or both?
c) Necessity or opportunity? Exchange or dispute situation? Is agreement required?
d) Is it legal to negotiate? Are there time constraints or time-related costs?
e) Is third-party involved (or potentially involved)?
f) Are there conventions or norms in terms of the process of negotiation (e.g., who makes the first offer; fairness norms, etc.)?
g) Do negotiations involve more than one offer?
h) Is there a power differential between parties?
i) Is there a precedent? An history?
9. In light of the previous questions, do you see it as distributive situation or an Integrative one? Why?
|Integrative or Distributive||Why?|
10. What are the issues? = what is negotiable?
|Issues/items to negotiate||details|
|Bargaining mix / packages|
11. OPTIONS AND PREPARATION
|TARGET (realistic point)|
|Resistance point (walk away)|
|Opening/initial offer /stance|
12. In light of the previous questions, which strategy and tactics do you plan on implementing? Which communication style and communication strategy will you use?
What Students Are Saying About Us.......... Customer ID: 12*** | Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"Honestly, I was afraid to send my paper to you, but you proved you are a trustworthy service. My essay was done in less than a day, and I received a brilliant piece. I didn’t even believe it was my essay at first 🙂 Great job, thank you!"
.......... Customer ID: 11***| Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"This company is the best there is. They saved me so many times, I cannot even keep count. Now I recommend it to all my friends, and none of them have complained about it. The writers here are excellent."