- Select a specific organization of interest and identify a quality management related problem(s) in the firm. Examples may be poor quality levels, high cost of quality, poor product or service design, high levels of internal or external failures, and so on. Feel free to add to this list if you need to.
- You are taking on the role as a quality management consultant firm and the executives of your chosen organization have asked you to submit a recommended direction to implement a quality management initiative to address the quality management related problem(s) you identified above (e.g., Six Sigma, lean principles, TQM, SPC, balanced scorecard, etc.).
- You will need to identify which of the course TCOs and specific topics in the Syllabus are related to the problem you identify.
- All papers must have a minimum of eight scholarly sources (other than textbook) cited within the text of the paper and identified in the References section.
- Additional research sources can be attached in an appendix.
- All sources must be in two place: They need to be identified in the References section and must also have a corresponding citation in the body of the paper.
- To access and use EBSCOhost for your research, use this link: http://proxy.devry.edu/login?url=http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?authtype=ip&custid=ns123107 (Links to an external site.)
- All resources for the paper should come from the DeVry library and must be of scholarly/journal quality.
- Use the librarians for assistance in accessing materials.
Please note: Articles found online (consulting company websites, Internet magazines, or other blogs) will not be considered acceptable scholarly resources. Conduct your research through a library where you can be assured that the sources are of scholarly quality. For example, please do not use Wikipedia!
- All papers should be single sided, double spaced, and written in 12-point Times New Roman font.
- The paper should be between 12 and 15 pages, excluding the cover page, reference pages, and appendices.
- The first page should include the title of the work, student name, address, telephone and e-mail address, course number, date, and instructor’s name.
- Follow APA style for general format and citations.
- Paper sections must adhere to the guidelines below and each section must be labeled in the text.
- The language should be clear, concise, and precise.
- The tone should be professional, consistent, and not filled with jargon.
- Grammar and syntax (sentence structure) must be correct.
- The report must be free of misspellings and typos.
Tables and Figures
- All figures and tables must be referred to in your text before they appear on the page.
- Figures and tables should appear on the same page as the text that refers to them, or on the next page.
- All figures and tables need captions. Captions go below figures and above tables.
Quotations and Citations
- Quotations and citations are crucial components of a research paper.
- Failure to properly cite research sources and borrowed ideas is plagiarism.
- Papers submitted without citations and references will be returned to the student with no grade.
- Refer to the APA style guide for assistance with properly citing quoted and/or borrowed materials and ideas.
Significance: The significance section is the area where you need to answer the magic question: “So what?” The significance makes your research worth it to the reader. It is great if you can link this more to quality and productivity issues and provide numbers to support your direction.
Citations are a must!
Explore the problem in depth and with scholarly rigor.
Provide an identification and description of the potential root causes of the problem or issue. Be sure not to address only symptoms of your problem. Diagnose the problem and its origins as best you can.
A critical element of this section is to apply the best practices of quality management concepts and models from the textbook, class discussions, and researched sources.
Discuss the concepts, ideas, or insights that are most valuable in helping you make sense of the causes of the problem. Support your analysis with reference to appropriate research material.
Citations are a must!
Identify the quality management initiative and recommended direction that you have chosen. Explain its relevance and significance in how it will address the quality management issue(s) and reason(s) that you identified in the problem statement area.
Citations are a must!
Note: Please remember in this section you also need to touch on how you will be able to measure success. Think of the “lead-lag” indicator concepts from the course readings and lectures.
In this section, you are to reflect on your learning from this assignment. Identify the areas that you found most interesting and also identify areas that you feel will assist you most in your career.
You must use no fewer than eight library resources outside your textbook.
All references must be cited in two places: within the body of your paper and on a separate reference list. Choose references judiciously and cite them accurately. Cite all sources using APA format.
Please note: Citing an author’s work within your text documents your research, identifies the source for readers, and enables readers to locate the source of information in the alphabetical reference list at the end of the paper.
To use the ideas or words of another person without crediting the source is plagiarism. Plagiarism in its purest form involves copying passages either verbatim or nearly verbatim, with no direct acknowledgment of the source. The most common form of plagiarism is to paraphrase information from your source material. Paraphrasing does not relieve you of the obligation to provide proper identification of source data.
The best way to avoid plagiarism is to make sure all quotes, ideas, or conclusions not your own are given proper acknowledgment in your text. A key thought to remember is “If you did not write it, cite it!”
What Students Are Saying About Us.......... Customer ID: 12*** | Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"Honestly, I was afraid to send my paper to you, but you proved you are a trustworthy service. My essay was done in less than a day, and I received a brilliant piece. I didn’t even believe it was my essay at first 🙂 Great job, thank you!"
.......... Customer ID: 11***| Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"This company is the best there is. They saved me so many times, I cannot even keep count. Now I recommend it to all my friends, and none of them have complained about it. The writers here are excellent."