Critical analysis of one specific artwork from a reputable museum website collection. This analysis will contain information about formal, thematic, and historical aspects of the artwork, which may be based on course lectures, discussions, readings, and external research. You must cite at least two sources in your paper The paper must be 3 pages in length, double spaced, Times New Roman size 12 font.
- What is the medium, form, subject matter, and context of the artwork?
- What is the history of the artwork? Do you need to conduct more research?
- What is your individual interpretation, reaction, and opinion of the artwork?
- Do you know anything about the artist/designer of the artwork? Can you find out more?
- What methods of art analysis can you use? Recall these methods from class and the text.
- Does the artwork have a specific meaning? Consider social, cultural, and political trends.
using any of the following vetted museum websites to choose your artwork:
Metropolitan Museum of Art – NYC: www.metmuseum.org/
Louvre Museum – Paris, France: www.louvre.fr/en
Vatican Museums – Rome, Italy: www.museivaticani.va/content/museivaticani/en.html
British Museum – London, England: www.britishmuseum.org/
What Students Are Saying About Us.......... Customer ID: 12*** | Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"Honestly, I was afraid to send my paper to you, but you proved you are a trustworthy service. My essay was done in less than a day, and I received a brilliant piece. I didn’t even believe it was my essay at first 🙂 Great job, thank you!"
.......... Customer ID: 11***| Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"This company is the best there is. They saved me so many times, I cannot even keep count. Now I recommend it to all my friends, and none of them have complained about it. The writers here are excellent."