The idea of Gardner’s Theory of Multiple Intelligences suggests that there are specific intelligences that are inherent in all individuals. A preferred learning style may not necessarily be the best way an individual learns, but for some it may be. Considering the various learning styles and preferences helps instructors customize their instruction. With that in mind, reflect on and discuss the relevancy you see in using the intelligences in your instruction planning. Additionally, reflect and discuss how your knowledge of multiple intelligences may serve in the way you interact with colleagues, family, or friends.
Prior to beginning work on this discussion forum, watch this video 8 Intelligences – Theory of Multiple Intelligences Explained – Dr. Howard Gardner (Links to an external site.).
Within your own personal and professional experiences, reflect on the eight types that make up Howard Gardner’s multiple intelligences:
Consider the intelligence that you perceive as your own strength and how you may naturally instruct your learners from that strength. For example, if you are an auditory learner, do you then feel most comfortable delivering instruction in an auditory lecture format?
- Take the following multiple intelligences test from Literacynet.org:
- Share your results from the test and relate your intellectual strengths to the way you learn and even the activities or hobbies you engage in.
- Discuss the value of utilizing multiple intelligences when planning your instruction.
- Describe why you want to consider the areas of multiple intelligences when instructing.
- Provide evidence from at least one scholarly source to support your point.
- Knowing what you know now about multiple intelligences, describe how it might change the way you interact with colleagues, family, and/or friends. Provide at least two examples.
Guided Response: Respond to at least two of your classmates. In addition to responding to your classmates, offer specific insights about how your classmates could strengthen their point of view by offering one to two targeted and specific pieces of advice or suggestions to bolster their idea(s). Be sure to also respond to any questions that your instructor might pose. Continue to monitor the discussion forum through Day 7 and respond with robust dialogue to anyone who replies to your initial post.
What Students Are Saying About Us.......... Customer ID: 12*** | Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"Honestly, I was afraid to send my paper to you, but you proved you are a trustworthy service. My essay was done in less than a day, and I received a brilliant piece. I didn’t even believe it was my essay at first 🙂 Great job, thank you!"
.......... Customer ID: 11***| Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"This company is the best there is. They saved me so many times, I cannot even keep count. Now I recommend it to all my friends, and none of them have complained about it. The writers here are excellent."