For this week's skill-building activity, let's begin by taking a closer look at Plato's "Allegory of the Cave," and practice proper MLA documentation as we do so.
In a few paragraphs, discuss the following:
1. In your own words, briefly describe the scenario Plato depicts in his allegory. Consider the following questions as you explain the allegory: for example, what happens to a person when first emerging from the cave? How do others respond to those who try to leave the cave? What does the light (and/or the darkness) symbolize? How can knowledge be painful, and ignorance comforting?
2. How might 'The Allegory of the Cave' be relevant in today's world? Or, how might it relate to your personal professional life?
Your completed response should be at least 300 words and do the following:
- incorporate at least one direct quote from the literary text
- correctly introduce the quote, and provide an in-text parenthetical citation afterwards
- include a works cited entry for "The Allegory of the Cave" at the bottom of your response
The bullet points above should be addressed using MLA Style. For help with MLA, please refer to the How-To Guide: MLA Formatting and Citations page, also linked in this week's Online Learning Resources and in the Additional Course Resources section above week 1).
What Students Are Saying About Us.......... Customer ID: 12*** | Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"Honestly, I was afraid to send my paper to you, but you proved you are a trustworthy service. My essay was done in less than a day, and I received a brilliant piece. I didn’t even believe it was my essay at first 🙂 Great job, thank you!"
.......... Customer ID: 11***| Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"This company is the best there is. They saved me so many times, I cannot even keep count. Now I recommend it to all my friends, and none of them have complained about it. The writers here are excellent."