- 2500 word maximum.
- Utilize the skills you have obtained throughout this course to properly format this document.
- MLA formatting, with properly introduced quotations and formatted citations.
- Utilize separate sections, section headers, and bullet-pointed lists to make your document as easy to read as possible.
- Remember to include properly formatted visual aids, illustrations, charts and graphs to demonstrate your understanding of the utilization and purpose of visual information.
- Any use of borrowed visual information must be cited.
- Include a works cited page.
- Utilize at least three (3) primary and secondary sources.
- Do not indent paragraphs or use double spacing in a memo.
- Do not write in composition format. This is not an essay or a research paper.
- Review Chapter 9 to understand proposal writing.
- Focus on proofreading for your known patterns of error and correct these areas as needed.
- Create an accurately formatted, concise, and clear long-form professional document.
- Clearly communicate information and instructions in a clear and concise manner.
- Demonstrate mastery of citation conventions.
- Demonstrate mastery of data visualization.
- Create a reflection that identifies and discusses your strengths and weaknesses in this assignment and professionally discuss how you improved in these areas.
You are competing against other students at NJIT for a $25,000.00 grant to develop technologies that will help the campus transition to sustainable solutions. Using your major field as a guide, explore one aspect of campus or campus life that can be transitioned to a sustainable model, and develop a solution to implement this transition. To reiterate: target only one specific issue. You can propose anything from campus-wide composting initiatives to regenerative agriculture. Keep your ideas simple and narrow, seeing as this is a moderately difficult assignment that needs to be finished before the end of the semester.
If you need assistance, feel free to look up what other people in your field are doing to propose solutions to sustainability issues. You can adapt and modify their projects to suit your needs. HOWEVER, IN NO WAY WILL YOU PLAGIARIZE THEIR RESEARCH. YOUR WRITING MUST BE ORIGINAL. You are only using their research as sources within your own project to compliment or inspire your similar idea.
Within your proposal, you will include the below sections in the following order:
- Project Summary
- Project Description
- Rationale and Significance
- Plan of Work
- Task Breakdown
- Problem Analysis
- Facilities and Equipment
- Budget ( think of the price of any equipment your project may require, salary for personnel, travel fees, etc…)
- Remember, since you have a word limit, you must be as concise as possible with your writing. Be brief, include only necessary information, and make sure you devote adequate attention to each section. What this means is that if your summary is 1-2 paragraphs, the rest of your sections should contain only 1-2 paragraphs. Do not go over the word count, as word count is part of understanding technical writing as well.
- Remember to include graphics, illustrations, and charts to supplement your writing. Refer to the Sample Final Proposal to access a visual of what is expected within your document.
- Please refer to pages 357-377 in your textbook for formatting guidance: Your assignment will obviously not be as long as the sample; yet, all of the elements (refer to the list above) provided in the sample should be present in your work. The absence of any element will lead to a reduction in grade. Furthermore, since this is still technical writing you will also be graded upon your grammar, sentence structure, and word choice and usage. So please make sure to avoid simple mistakes so you can preserve your grade. Lastly, any direct quotations, partial quotations, and paraphrases must be cited properly. Any error in citation will result in plagiarism.
What Students Are Saying About Us.......... Customer ID: 12*** | Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"Honestly, I was afraid to send my paper to you, but you proved you are a trustworthy service. My essay was done in less than a day, and I received a brilliant piece. I didn’t even believe it was my essay at first 🙂 Great job, thank you!"
.......... Customer ID: 11***| Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"This company is the best there is. They saved me so many times, I cannot even keep count. Now I recommend it to all my friends, and none of them have complained about it. The writers here are excellent."