Accountability in Healthcare
This assignment will be at least 1500 words. Address each bulleted item (topic) in detail including the questions that follow each bullet. There should be three (3) sections in your paper; one for each bullet below. Separate each section in your paper with a clear brief heading that allows your professor to know which bullet you are addressing in that section of your paper. Include a “Conclusion” section that summarizes all topics.
This week you will reflect upon accountability in healthcare and address the following questions:
- Briefly define an Accountable Care Organization (ACO) and how it impacts health care providers:
- How do ACOs differ from the health maintenance organizations (HMOs) of earlier years
- What role does health information technology (HIT) play in the newer models of care?
- What is the benefit of hospitals partnering with primary care providers?
- How does bundling payments contain healthcare costs?
- How does pay for performance (P4P) improve quality care?
- Briefly discuss the value-based purchasing program?
- How do value-based purchasing (VBP) programs affect reimbursement to hospitals?
- Who benefits the most from value-based reimbursement and why?
- How does the VBP program measure hospital performance?
Length: 1500-2000 words in length
Structure: Include a title page and reference page in APA format. These do not count towards the minimum word amount for this assignment. Your essay must include an introduction and a conclusion.
References: Use the appropriate APA style in-text citations and references for all resources utilized to answer the questions. A minimum of two (2) scholarly sources are required for this assignment.
M6 Assignment UMBO – 2, 3
M6 Assignment PLG – 4, 5
M6 Assignment CLO – 1
This module examines newer healthcare delivery models that support quality-based payment and reimbursement, and the role of hospitals in the delivery of healthcare. External pressures and modifications to potential delivery because of evolving concerns will be discussed. Accountable care and the Accountable Care Organizations (ACO) will be examined. Challenges and facilitating factors will be presented.
- University Mission-Based Outcomes – 2, 3
- Program Learning Goals – 4, 5
- Course Learning Objectives – 1
- Essential V: Healthcare Policy, Finance, and Regulatory Environments - Healthcare policies, including financial and regulatory, directly and indirectly, influence the nature and functioning of the healthcare system and thereby are important considerations in professional nursing practice.
- Nickitas, D. M., Middaugh, D. J., & Feeg, M. D. (2019). Policy and politics for nurses and other health professionals: Advocacy and action. (3rd ed.). Sudbury, MA: Jones and Bartlett Publishers. Read Chapters 13 & 14.
- Lin, Y.-L., Du, Y., Gomez, C., & Ortiz, J. (2018). Does patient-centered medical home Recognition Relate to Accountable Care Organization Participation? Population Health Management, 21(3), 188–195.
- Ryan, A. M., Shortell, S. M., Ramsay, P. P., & Casalino, L. P. (2015). Salary and quality compensation for physician practices participating in accountable care organizations. Annals of Family Medicine, 13(4), 321–324.
- Weeks, W. B., Gregg, J., Fisher, E. S., & Weinstein, J. N. (2015). Accelerating uptake of new Medicare payment models. Hfm (Healthcare Financial Management), 69(4), 104–105.
What Students Are Saying About Us.......... Customer ID: 12*** | Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"Honestly, I was afraid to send my paper to you, but you proved you are a trustworthy service. My essay was done in less than a day, and I received a brilliant piece. I didn’t even believe it was my essay at first 🙂 Great job, thank you!"
.......... Customer ID: 11***| Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"This company is the best there is. They saved me so many times, I cannot even keep count. Now I recommend it to all my friends, and none of them have complained about it. The writers here are excellent."