1. What are the exceptions to the Electronic Communications Privacy Act that allow employers to intercept employees e-mail messages?
2. Andreas is offered a new position, but is required by his employer to sign an agreement stating that he will not join a union or engage in union activity as a condition of employment. Andreas is not interested in joining a union and so he voluntarily signs the agreement. Is this legal?
3. What is the PBGC and what is its purpose?
4. ACME Company is facing a layoff due to a slow down in the local economy. They can save money by replacing the older workers who are willing to do the same work for an entry-level salary. What must ACME do to prevent being in violation of ADEA?
5. Jarrett Fuller has worked as the corporate controller for ACME Corporation for the past 15 years. Jarrett is 65. Jarrett receives a memorandum from the company president informing him that it is time to retire and that his last day will be in two weeks. Jarrett is not ready to retire and believes that he cannot be forced to retire. Is he correct?
6. What are the employer’s obligations under FCRA?
7. Under the Fair Labor Standards Act, explain whether the following employees would be entitled to overtime pay, and why. a) The CEO of a privately held company who makes over $100K/year. b) An ambulance worker who works four 10-hour days a week (M-Th), and is on call every other weekend from Friday – Sunday. During the on call time, the worker must carry a pager and be prepared to respond within 15 minutes to any calls. c) An 18-year old, high school graduate, who works at Dairy Queen 45 hours a week.
8. Bruce Wayne routinely participates in activities such as skydiving, rock climbing, and bungee jumping. His employer told him to stop the activities or they would cancel his health insurance. Bruce’s health insurance was cancelled after an article appeared in the paper highlighting his dangerous life style. Bruce sued. Does he have a case?
9. National origin discrimination is prohibited against a job applicant or employee. Besides discriminating against the job applicant or employee directly, how else might national origin discrimination occur so that the job applicant or employee would have a claim?
“WE’VE HAD A GOOD SUCCESS RATE ON THIS ASSIGNMENT. PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH Essayfount.com AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT”
The post HRM Employment Law Questions – Due In 3 Hrs appeared first on essayfount.
What Students Are Saying About Us.......... Customer ID: 12*** | Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"Honestly, I was afraid to send my paper to you, but you proved you are a trustworthy service. My essay was done in less than a day, and I received a brilliant piece. I didn’t even believe it was my essay at first 🙂 Great job, thank you!"
.......... Customer ID: 11***| Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"This company is the best there is. They saved me so many times, I cannot even keep count. Now I recommend it to all my friends, and none of them have complained about it. The writers here are excellent."