Topic: Can you assess the value or importance of antimicrobial resistance?
Type of paper: Annotated bibliography
Discipline: English and Literature : English
Format or citation style: MLA
there needs to be 15 annotations, however for the actual paper you need only to use 10 sources that need to be in a works cited page
English 102: Rhetoric
Practice Annotated Bibliography
Wyeth, Jennifer. “The Importance of Infection Control in Tackling the Antimicrobial Resistance Crisis.”
British Journal of Nursing, vol. 28, no. 5, Mar. 2019, pp. 284–286. EBSCOhost, doi:10.12968/bjon.2019.28.5.284.
This insightful journal explores the importance of antimicrobial resistance. To begin, Jennifer states that
AMR occurs naturally by genetic mutation and natural selection. Finally, she writes that drug resistant
microorganisms have significantly reduced the number of treatment options there are. This source will be helpful to
prove that we need to come together, globally, to improve the public’s knowledge of antimicrobial resistance.
Purpose: This assignment is designed for you to develop an argument based on the information that you have researched about a specific topic or issue related to your chosen career field. You will need to synthesize sources that both support and contradict your position.
Assignment: Compose an argument of at least 2500 words that synthesizes the sources you have researched and offers up your own claim about the topic/issue.
● The Argument: The main writing project for English 102 is a carefully researched and documented argumentative research paper. This project is the culmination of the JJC composition sequence and should
therefore rely on more sophisticated and complex modes of organization, structure, and argument. It is not
possible to pass English 102 without writing the research paper, including the assigned steps.
Minimum requirements for the research paper are as follows:
● A minimum of 2500 words of text in the final draft, excluding prefatory pages and the Works Cited page.
● A minimum of 15 sources in Annotated Bibliography. ● A minimum of 10 sources in the major essay’s Works Cited page. ● All sources on the Works Cited page must be used in the paper, and all
documentation must follow correct MLA format. Sources may be used and counted for quotations, paraphrases, and summarized ideas.
● The Construction: Your argument will follow the classical argument structure as it best fits: o Introduction with a thesis o Background information that states the issue being discussed o Offer your point-of-view on the answer to the problem with support from sources. o Acknowledge the opposing side using your ideas plus sources. o Offer a rebuttal to the opposing side using your best argument strategies.
Length: Minimum 2500 words
Format/Medium/Layout: You will submit a formal college essay with MLA headings, headers, title, font, format and spacing, along with a Works Cited page.
Stance: You will demonstrate a well-supported argument in response to the topic/issue as it relates to your career field.
Scoring Guide Name:_______________________________ Period:_________ The following guide to feedback rates the student’s demonstrated achievement for each of the standards of the assignment. The following scale is used:
Level of Demonstrated Achievement Descriptor
0 Incomplete 4=A; 3=B; 2=C; 1=D Purpose:
● Comprehend, analyze, and critique a variety of texts including academic discourse
Genre: ● Demonstrate appropriate conventions of written English ● Use correct MLA format for quotations, in-line citations, and citing the source essay ● Apply the strategies and conventions of argumentation with sources
● Use technology effectively and correctly to complete written assignments Audience:
● Apply conventions of writing for academic discourse, including appropriate voice, person, and diction
What Students Are Saying About Us.......... Customer ID: 12*** | Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"Honestly, I was afraid to send my paper to you, but you proved you are a trustworthy service. My essay was done in less than a day, and I received a brilliant piece. I didn’t even believe it was my essay at first 🙂 Great job, thank you!"
.......... Customer ID: 11***| Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"This company is the best there is. They saved me so many times, I cannot even keep count. Now I recommend it to all my friends, and none of them have complained about it. The writers here are excellent."