In the United States, managed care is becoming an increasingly popular method of administering healthcare. It influences the clinical behavior of providers, as it combines the payment and delivery of healthcare into a single system, the purpose of which is to control the cost, quality, and access of healthcare services for a single bracket of health plan enrollees (Scutchfield, Lee, & Patton, 1997).
Yet, managed care often evokes strong or negative reactions from healthcare providers because they are paid a fixed amount for treating their patients, regardless of the actual cost, which may influence their level of efficiency. This can challenge the relationships between doctors and patients (Claxton, Rae, Panchal, Damico, & Lundy, 2012; Sekhri, 2000).
Research managed care’s inception and study some examples. Be sure to investigate the perspectives about managed care from the vantage of both healthcare providers and patients. You can use the following keywords for your research—United States managed care, history of managed care, and managed care timeline.
Based on your research, answer the following questions:
· Summarize the history of when, how, and why managed care was developed.
· Define and discuss each type of managed care organization (MCO)—health maintenance organization (HMO), preferred provider organization (PPO), and point of sale (POS).
· Explain the positive and negative aspects, respectively, of managed care organization from the provider’s point of view—a physician and a healthcare facility—and from a patient’s point of view.
· Explain the three types of incentives for providers for efficiency in the delivery of healthcare services. Explain who bears the financial risk—the provider, the patient, or the managed care organization.
· Offer your recommendations, to accept or decline, for patients considering managed care health plans, with your rationale for each.
Claxton, G., Rae, M., Panchal, N., Damico, A., & Lundy, J. (2012). Employer Health
Benefits Annual 2012 Survey. Retrieved from http://ehbs.kff.org/pdf/2012/
Sekhri, N. K. (2000). Managed care: The US experience. Retrieved from http://www.
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount! Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
The post Manage Care appeared first on Essay Fount.
What Students Are Saying About Us.......... Customer ID: 12*** | Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"Honestly, I was afraid to send my paper to you, but you proved you are a trustworthy service. My essay was done in less than a day, and I received a brilliant piece. I didn’t even believe it was my essay at first 🙂 Great job, thank you!"
.......... Customer ID: 11***| Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"This company is the best there is. They saved me so many times, I cannot even keep count. Now I recommend it to all my friends, and none of them have complained about it. The writers here are excellent."