Unit 2 Assignment: Competitive Advantage and the Value Chain
The purpose of this assignment is to confirm your understanding of the direct correlation between an effective value chain and a firm’s competitive advantage by examining the relationship between customer delight, profitability, competitive advantage, and effective value chain management.
- Use the APA formatted Microsoft® Word® document template in Course Documents titled “Unit 2 Assignment Template Competitive Advantage” as the starting point. Download the template and save it as your own document, for example, YourNameUnit2GB570.docx.
- Write a 4–6-page paper, not including title and reference pages, making a compelling argument as to why an effective value chain creates competitive advantage.
- Write your paper using third person perspective (do not use first- or second-person pronouns; (e.g., “I,” “me,” “you,” “we”).
- In your paper, you will examine the concepts and interrelationships of customer delight, profitability, competitive advantage, and effective value chain management by following the directions included within the Unit 2 Assignment template. Included within this examination:
- Discuss each of the four elements.
- Examine the interrelationship between the four elements.
- Provide two examples of companies that have been successful in this integration, two examples of companies that have not been successful in this integration, and include explanations for your choices.
- Include a conclusion summarizing the paper’s content without introducing any new information.
- Support your response’s content with at least three separate applied and cited references. Accepted sources are: Library article(s), the textbook and the chosen example companies’ websites. No other Internet references are acceptable for the Unit 2 Assignment. Apply and cite no more than one referenced sentence per paragraph.
Here is a list of relevant articles related to Customer Delight (conveniently available in our library and as a reminder please use the library and not the internet).
Customer Delight Articles
Alexander, M. W. (2012). Delight the customer: A predictive model for repeat purchase behavior. Journal of Relationship Marketing, 11(2), 116-123.
Barnes, D. C., Collier, J.E., Ponder, N., & Williams, Z. (2013). Investigating the employee’s perspective of customer delight. Journal of Personal Selling & Sales Management, 33(1), 91-104.
Barnes, D. C., Friend, S. B., & Meyer, T. (2016), Customer delight vs. customer satisfaction in a sales encounter. Society of Marketing Advances Proceedings, 236-237.
Barnes, D. C., Ponder, N., & Dugar, K. (2011). Investigating the key routes to customer delight. Journal of Marketing Theory & Practice,19(4), 359-376.
Berman, B. (2005). How to delight your customers. California Management Review, 48(1), 129-151.
Bourque, R. (2016). Delight your customers. New Hampshire Business Review, 38(21), 12.
Dey, S., Ghosh, S., Datta, B., & Barai, P. (2017). A study on the antecedents and consequences of customer delight. Total Quality Management & Business Excellence, 28(1/2), 47-61.
Driggs, W. (2008). Serving up customer delight. CRM Magazine, 12(4), 14.
Marquardt, A. (2015). Concepts and realization of customer delight. International Journal of Sales, Retailing & Marketing, 4(5), 3-13.
Meyer, T., Barnes, D. C., & Friend, S. B. (2017). The role of the delight in driving repurchase intentions. Journal of Personal Selling & Sales Management, 37(1), 61-71.
Oliver, R. L., Rust, R. T., & Varki, S. (1997), Customer delight: foundations, findings and managerial insight, Journal of Retailing, 73(3), 311-336.
Sullivan, J. (2004). Time for a change in managing guest's experience. Nation's Restaurant News, 38(18), 16-17.
Torres, E. N., & Ronzoni, G. (2018). The evolution of the customer delight construct. International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management, 30(1), 57-75.
Yang, C. C. (2011). Identification of customer delight for quality attributes and its applications. Total Quality Management & Business Excellence, 22(1), 83-98.
What Students Are Saying About Us.......... Customer ID: 12*** | Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"Honestly, I was afraid to send my paper to you, but you proved you are a trustworthy service. My essay was done in less than a day, and I received a brilliant piece. I didn’t even believe it was my essay at first 🙂 Great job, thank you!"
.......... Customer ID: 11***| Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"This company is the best there is. They saved me so many times, I cannot even keep count. Now I recommend it to all my friends, and none of them have complained about it. The writers here are excellent."