Review the questions below and use the data provided in the question to solve the calculation. As you work through each equation, think about where the data for your company maybe found to make the same calculations and how the information from these calculation can inform your recommendations for your final project. Use the non-graded discussion board in this module to ask questions of your peers to inform your responses to the questions below.
1. What is the market interest rate onXYZ’s debt and its component cost of debt?
Coupon rate 12%Coupons per year 2Years to maturity 15Price $1,153.72 Face value $1,000 Tax rate40% Market Interest Rate =
Cost of Debt =
2. What is the firm’s cost of preferred stock?
Nominal dividend rate10%Dividends per year4Par value$100 Price$111.10 Cost of Preferred Stock =
3. What isXYZ’s estimated cost of common equity using the CAPM approach?
β1.2rRF7%RPM6%Estimated Cost of Common Equity =
4. What is the estimated cost of common equity using the DCF approach?
Price$50 Current dividend$4.19 Constant growth rate5%Estimated Cost of Common Equity =
5. What is the bond-yield-plus-risk-premium estimate for XYZ’s cost of common equity?
“Bond yield + RP” premium4%market interest rate onXYZ’s debt10% Bond-yield-plus-risk-premium estimate =
6. What is your final estimate for rs?
METHODESTIMATECAPM14.20%DCF13.80%rd + RP14.00%Estimate =
7. XYZ estimates that if it issues new common stock, the flotation cost will be 15%. XYZ incorporates the flotation costs into the DCF approach. What is the estimated cost of newly issued common stock, considering the flotation cost?
% Flotation cost 15%Net proceeds after flotation$42.50Cost of Newly Issued Common Stock
8. What isXYZ’s overall, or weighted average, cost of capital (WACC)? Ignore flotation costs.
Wd30%rd (1 – T)6.00%wp10%rp9.00%wc60%rs14.00%
“WE’VE HAD A GOOD SUCCESS RATE ON THIS ASSIGNMENT. PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH HOMEWORK AIDER AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT”
The post MBA 520 Module Eight Cost of Capital Worksheet appeared first on Homeworkaider.
What Students Are Saying About Us.......... Customer ID: 12*** | Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"Honestly, I was afraid to send my paper to you, but you proved you are a trustworthy service. My essay was done in less than a day, and I received a brilliant piece. I didn’t even believe it was my essay at first 🙂 Great job, thank you!"
.......... Customer ID: 11***| Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"This company is the best there is. They saved me so many times, I cannot even keep count. Now I recommend it to all my friends, and none of them have complained about it. The writers here are excellent."