This assignment requires you to complete a few complementary analytical tasks while reading Morrison’s speech “Peril” (described on the next page).
As you read the article, consider the following questions. You will enter your responses in a text box when you submit this assignment, but I recommend that you compose your answers in word processing software first and then copy-paste them over.
1. What specific terms/words used in the essay are unfamiliar to you? Note these words as you read and look up their definitions. Then provide at least three examples of these words along with their definitions.
2. What are the essay’s topic and issue? Remember that a topic is a general category and an issue is a specific question/problem.
3. What is the essay’s abstract argument? Identify the conclusion (main point) and reasons.
4. Identify the use of evidence in the essay. What piece of evidence did you find most effective and why?
5. Identify one example or idea from the reading to which you can relate. How does it connect to your own personal, profession, or academic life? Cite the passage from the source and follow up with an explanation of a specific example from your own life.
Please note that this assignment will not be graded like a writing assignment. Clear, simple responses in 1-2 sentences each are preferable to entire paragraphs.
What Students Are Saying About Us.......... Customer ID: 12*** | Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"Honestly, I was afraid to send my paper to you, but you proved you are a trustworthy service. My essay was done in less than a day, and I received a brilliant piece. I didn’t even believe it was my essay at first 🙂 Great job, thank you!"
.......... Customer ID: 11***| Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"This company is the best there is. They saved me so many times, I cannot even keep count. Now I recommend it to all my friends, and none of them have complained about it. The writers here are excellent."