- For your chosen non-US public firm (CGX Energy Inc), identify the stock exchange where the firm is listed, its stock ticker symbol, and the currency in which the stock price is reported and complete the table below (note: inform your instructor if you have difficulty locating the requested data in this assignment):
|Stock Exchange||Stock Ticker Symbol||Currency in which Stock Price Reported|
- For your chosen non-US public firm (CGX Energy Inc), complete the following table for that currency in terms of the U.S. dollar, either in American terms (number of U.S. dollars per one unit of the foreign currency) or in European terms (number of foreign currency units per one U.S. dollar). Please be consistent in how your express the exchange rates. Sources for this information include:
- Bloomberg Currencies (Links to an external site.)
- OANDA Historical Currency Converter (Links to an external site.)
- X-Rates (Links to an external site.)
- XE Currency Converter (Links to an external site.)
|Currency||Today’s Date||Spot Rate One Year Ago||Spot Rate Today|
- For your chosen non-US public firm (CGX Energy Inc), complete the following table for the firms share price:
|Currency||Today’s Date||Share Price One Year Ago||Share Price Today|
- Assume you are a US-based investor with $1,000,000 USD who invested in the companys stock one year ago by converting your $1,000,000 USD into the foreign currency at the then-current spot rate and share price, and answer the questions below:
- If you had converted the $1,000,000 USD into the foreign currency one year ago at the above spot rate, how much in foreign currency would you have received?
- If you then invested the foreign currency into your companys shares one year ago, how many shares would you have purchased (include fractional shares)?
- If you sold the shares today at the current share price how much would you receive in foreign currency? What would be your annual return on this investment in foreign currency terms? (Assume no transaction costs.)
- If you sold the shares today at the current spot and share price how much would you receive in USD? (Assume no transaction costs.) What would be your annual return on your investment in US dollar terms?
- Has the foreign currency depreciated, appreciated, or not changed in value relative to the U.S. dollar over the past year?
- Include your results as an attachment or appendix to the business brief.
- For the non-US public company you have chosen (CGX Energy Inc), consider whether you would invest in the equity (stock) of the company denominated in the foreign currency. Assume you have a one-year investment horizon and write a 2-page analysis according to the Business Brief Guidelines (Links to an external site.). Complete sentences must be used (bullets not acceptable). Your analysis must be written using a concise writing style. Your brief should answer all of the questions posed above.
What Students Are Saying About Us.......... Customer ID: 12*** | Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"Honestly, I was afraid to send my paper to you, but you proved you are a trustworthy service. My essay was done in less than a day, and I received a brilliant piece. I didn’t even believe it was my essay at first 🙂 Great job, thank you!"
.......... Customer ID: 11***| Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"This company is the best there is. They saved me so many times, I cannot even keep count. Now I recommend it to all my friends, and none of them have complained about it. The writers here are excellent."