- In the fifth book of the Republic, Socrates asserts that everyone in a city must do the job they are best suited to by nature, and that men and women have different natures. Does it follow from this that they must be assigned different jobs in a city? Why or why not?
- Why does Jane Addams argue for women to be included in city governments? How does Sally Haslanger believe her argument differs from that of humanists on one hand and gynocentrists on the other?
- What is the paradox of education, as James Baldwin sees it? How does he think the paradox applies to the teaching of American history in particular?
- In the ninth book of the Republic, Socrates argues that the tyrant is the unhappiest sort of person. What is his argument? Why is this such an important point to him?
- Why does Kieran Setiya believe that moral theory corrupts youth?
- In the tenth book of the Republic, Socrates concludes that the life of the philosopher is the most pleasant of all. Why?
What Students Are Saying About Us.......... Customer ID: 12*** | Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"Honestly, I was afraid to send my paper to you, but you proved you are a trustworthy service. My essay was done in less than a day, and I received a brilliant piece. I didn’t even believe it was my essay at first 🙂 Great job, thank you!"
.......... Customer ID: 11***| Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"This company is the best there is. They saved me so many times, I cannot even keep count. Now I recommend it to all my friends, and none of them have complained about it. The writers here are excellent."