BIOL202 Week 5: Project topic submission guidelines
Before your choose your topic, take a moment to look over the week 7 Final Project Guidelines.
The course project is a hypothetical experiment so start thinking about that as you choose your topic.
In week 7, you will further expand your topic into a hypothetical experiment so think about that now.
Here is the list of topics that are amicable to hypothetical experiments. Choose one.
- Yeast strains and beer flavors.
- Adaptation of microalgae from seawater for biofuel production.
- Coliform spread by common insects (houseflies, ants, cockroaches, etc.).
- pH and growth/inhibition of bacteria.
- How common is the presence of Staph aureus and will common antiseptics/disinfectants kill them?
- Spicy food and inhibition of pathogenic microbial growth.
- Bacterial biofilms, development, role in disease and management.
- Molds, spores and air quality control.
- Deep Woods Off, Citronella, Bee Balm and insect repellants; disease vectors and their hosts.
- Pinworms, daycare and the life-cycle of helmiths.
- Head lice.
- Instructor approved topic (message instructor for approval).
Choose one of the topics from the list above. If you have a topic of your own, message me for approval.
Prepare a presentation to introduce your topic. The presentation must contain a minimum following slides.
- A title slide: Element 1
The Title Slide must have an appropriate and well-chosen background that enhances the opening of the presentation.
The color-scheme of the presentation is appropriate and visually pleasing.
*Any images-enhancements used must include a descriptive title and appropriate legend.
The font size and color choice of text is consistent and appropriate.
- Why you chose this topic-Rationale: Element 2
The rationale must address why the topic chosen is important for exploration, research and academic endeavors.
The rationale should address why the topic chosen is currently, may in the future or is of particular interest to the student.
The rationale must address why the topic chosen is of importance for the betterment of humanity.
- Background on the topic, supported by scholarly sources: Element 3
The background must source from scholarly references.
The background must provide substantial justification of its importance.
The background must directly address the topic chosen.
Correct scientific terminology must be utilized.
Speakers notes should not be used and will not substitute for content required on slides.
You are using scholarly sources so make sure to include both properly formatted in-text citations and an APA formatted reference list (you’ll need a separate and last slide for the reference list).
We utilize APA format in the class. If you need a review of APA formatting guidelines, see here Purdue OWL.
Find and review the grade rubric for how your Project topic submission will be graded attached below.
Make sure to look over the rubric so you have everything required.
Credit will be awarded for scholarly sources only. Visit the APUS library to find scholarly sources to use for your project.
Use sources from an academic, peer-reviewed journals.
Here’s a good review of scholarly versus popular sources.
A scholarly source is a source that comes from an academic journal and is original, peer-reviewed research
Note- project topic submissions are not accepted for credit after the final project or with the final project- it is understood that the project topic submission MUST be submitted BEFORE the final project in order to receive constructive feedback with time between to formulate the final project.
* Use images and diagrams for the project topic only if necessary to discuss a major point and not as decorations to slides. See the week 7 sample project for how to properly add a title and legend.
Attach your Powerpoint presentation into the appropriate Assignments area.
What Students Are Saying About Us.......... Customer ID: 12*** | Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"Honestly, I was afraid to send my paper to you, but you proved you are a trustworthy service. My essay was done in less than a day, and I received a brilliant piece. I didn’t even believe it was my essay at first 🙂 Great job, thank you!"
.......... Customer ID: 11***| Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"This company is the best there is. They saved me so many times, I cannot even keep count. Now I recommend it to all my friends, and none of them have complained about it. The writers here are excellent."