To properly understand how biopsychology works, it is important that you understand how researchers test their ideas. Chapter 4, “The Methods and Ethics of Research,” in Brain & Behavior introduces four different research designs:
1. Naturalistic observation.
2. Case study.
Each of these research designs is used in studying brain and behavior, yet they all have their shortcomings. In Unit 1, you were instructed to use Databases A-Z in the Capella University Library to find 2–3 peer-reviewed journal articles (published within the last 10 years) that focused on one of the following topics:
· Neurobiology of ecstasy (MDMA) abuse.
· Progression of reading ability in a child diagnosed with autism.
· Effectiveness of a new drug to treat depression.
You then selected one of these topics and identified which of the four designs was used in each of the articles you reviewed, such as naturalistic observation, case study, survey, or experiment. In your response to this discussion:
· Identify your topic of choice.
o Which of these methods was used in each research article?
o What were the key variables in the hypothesis or phenomena of interest?
o Was the hypothesis supported or refuted in the analysis?
o Were the research questions answered?
· Explain, based on your understanding of the requirements for a safe and ethical study gained from your readings, whether the study was (or was not) conducted safely and ethically by the authors.
· Provide evidence from the articles to support your views by citing sources in your discussion post.
Submit your discussion post by Wednesday.
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount! Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
The post PSYCHOLOGY DISCUSSSION appeared first on Essay Fount.
What Students Are Saying About Us.......... Customer ID: 12*** | Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"Honestly, I was afraid to send my paper to you, but you proved you are a trustworthy service. My essay was done in less than a day, and I received a brilliant piece. I didn’t even believe it was my essay at first 🙂 Great job, thank you!"
.......... Customer ID: 11***| Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"This company is the best there is. They saved me so many times, I cannot even keep count. Now I recommend it to all my friends, and none of them have complained about it. The writers here are excellent."