Hopefully, you can understand psychology is a “hub” for a variety of disciplines. For your paper, you are to connect what you have learned from this class and apply it to film. The purpose of the assignments is to answer how films portray psychology, typically through characters suffering through a variety of situations.
Choose one of the following Netflix films to analyze:
· The Unforgivable (2021)
· Single All the Way (2021)
· The Shack (2017)
· Home (2015)
· The Mitchells vs. The Machines (2021)
· Project Power (2020)
· Bird Box (2018)
· A Secret Love (2020) Documentary
· Miss Virginia (2019)
· You’ve Got This (2020) – Spanish film, English subtitles available
· Vivo (2021)
*Some films may have some violent/sex scenes. Please review the film before watching. If you the film is not for you, then please choose another*
After viewing your chosen film, you are to analyze the film through a psychological lens. You may use any perspective, concept, or theory we have examined this semester. For example, you could easily discuss social psychological (stereotypes, discrimination, prejudice) concepts in The Mitchells vs. The Machines (2021) You could discuss defense mechanisms in Single All the Way (2021) . You can discuss self-esteem and self-comparison, or stages of human development in The Unforgivable (2021). You may simply choose a character in the film and complete a character analysis. You may also do the same analysis for a scene. Again, you decide. You have the freedom to construct this analysis as you like.
To make your analysis stronger, you are to find scholarly research articles that will reinforce what you are writing. You need to make sure you cite as appropriate. You may utilize your online textbook, online journal articles, or any other type of credible sources as your reference. Visit https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/ to learn more about to cite and to reference in APA style 7th edition
To learn more about the changes to the APA style 6th to 7th edition, click here https://apastyle.apa.org/products/publication-manual-7th-edition-introduction.pdf?_ga=2.215967703.1920719818.1607556652-1376717205.1603987735
· Your paper should be at least 4 pages, not including the title page, abstract, or reference page.
Your paper needs to be completed in APA format, 7th edition. To learn more on how to format your paper, visit https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/
· You will use headings in your paper. APA uses a heading system to separate and paper sections. It helps with organizing your paper. You will be required to use level 1 sub headings throughout your paper. Here is some additional information: https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/16/
· Your paper must be completed in Word. If you have a MAC, you need to convert the document to word, or you may upload the document as a PDF. Any other program will not work.
· You will have minimum of 4 references. References must be from the film itself, the library database, textbooks, or websites. If found on a website, the website must end in .org or .edu.
· To access Lone Star College’s research database, visit http://www.lonestar.edu/library/ . On the left hand side click on research database, click social sciences, and click on Psychology and Behavioral Sciences collection. If at any time the systems asks you to log in and use a library card, click on the online user link and log in as if you were logging into D2L.
· You will need to cite if you are pulling material from different sources. If you have a definition in your paper, you must cite where you got the definition from. To learn how to cite, please visit https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/ and learn how to cite your sources. Note: You must refence the movie on your references page.
Plagiarism and Due Date:
Your paper will be due on Sunday January 9, 2022 by 11:59 pm through the D2L drobox titled “Film Analysis”. Once you submit your paper, your paper will automatically be screened through Turnitin. Turnitin is a program where it will detect if you have copied and pasted material from sources, without giving credit. If you do this, the program will catch it and you will receive a 0.
After you submit your paper, the system will give you an originality report. The report informs me of how much of the work is your own and how much is copied from other sources without giving proper credit. To view your originality report after submitting:
· Click on the file which you submitted
· Look for a colored box with a number inside of it (originality report number). Click on the box, accept the terms and conditions, if it prompts you to, and you can view what is being copied from other sources.
“This is an online course and there are many circumstances that can cause problems when submitting assignments online i.e. slow load time, computer failures, power outages, program updates, mother nature, etc. Consequently, due to the unforeseen difficulties, it is strongly recommended that a student not wait until the last day/minute to submit their assignment. Doing so creates a risk for potential problems that cannot be corrected before the “due” date (closing time) and will result in the student receiving a “0” for their grade.”
· The first header needs to be the introduction paragraph, and it should introduce the film, provide a brief summary of the film, and should inform the readers how you plan to integrate psychology into your analyses (thesis statement).
· Each paragraph (use APA sub headers) after the introduction should include a topic sentence (informing the reader what the paragraph (s) will be about, and you should have supporting detail to back up your argument. Make sure you use citations in these paragraphs. If you mention any psychology term, you must have a citation to back up that information.
· Your conclusion (use APA sub header) should re-state the thesis and effectively end the paper.
What Students Are Saying About Us.......... Customer ID: 12*** | Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"Honestly, I was afraid to send my paper to you, but you proved you are a trustworthy service. My essay was done in less than a day, and I received a brilliant piece. I didn’t even believe it was my essay at first 🙂 Great job, thank you!"
.......... Customer ID: 11***| Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"This company is the best there is. They saved me so many times, I cannot even keep count. Now I recommend it to all my friends, and none of them have complained about it. The writers here are excellent."