must cite from Randolph B. Campbell Gone to Texas: A History of the Lone Star State (Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2018) (3rd ed.)
Choose 2 (Two) of the following essay questions to answer. Before writing your essays, please refer to the rubric for constructing college essays in the syllabus. Each essay response is worth a possible 50 (fifty) points. Because this is a Texas history course, make sure that your essay answers revolve around Texas in particular, not the United States in general.
1. By what route did the first humans enter Texas? When?
2. How did Texas enter the growing transatlantic rivalry between the Spanish and French empires?
3. Explain the restraints on successful Spanish colonization in Texas in the 1740s and 1750s. Why did the Spanish often retrench and ultimately keep only a thin hold on Texas?
4. Locate Texas in the transnational revolutionary era of the 1780s and 1790s. How did Spanish Texas experience the global upheavals of the American and French Revolutions?
5. Explain the political grievances of Anglo-Americans in Mexican Texas from 1830 to 1835.
What Students Are Saying About Us.......... Customer ID: 12*** | Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"Honestly, I was afraid to send my paper to you, but you proved you are a trustworthy service. My essay was done in less than a day, and I received a brilliant piece. I didn’t even believe it was my essay at first 🙂 Great job, thank you!"
.......... Customer ID: 11***| Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"This company is the best there is. They saved me so many times, I cannot even keep count. Now I recommend it to all my friends, and none of them have complained about it. The writers here are excellent."