3-5 pages (not including cover page and resource page)
It is important to understand how risk and risk management is applied in U.S. correctional systems. Ideally, a convicted person serves their time and then reenters society a rehabilitated person, but this is often not the case. Evaluating the risk of recidivism can help judges, treatment providers, probation and parole officers, work together to protect the community.
Using what you have learned from the reading and the MUSE assets (specifically Appendix A, page 13), from review the following case details:
- Offender Name: John Smoke
- Charge: Possession of Methamphetamine
- Age: 20 years old
- Prior Criminal History: 3 previous misdemeanor convictions as a juvenile: shoplifting, smoking weed, underage drinking. As adult, he was convicted of a stalking misdemeanor.
- Residence: Renting apartment with roommates
- Employment: Fast Food Restaurant
- Mental History: No
- Education: high school dropout, No GED.
- He is on probation for possession of methamphetamine and Ecstasy.
- John Smoke was stopped by officers because he was standing on a corner for many hours.
- Upon the initial pat search, 30 Ecstasy pills and a large amount of methamphetamine was discovered.
Using your required reading and the information provided above develop a risk management analysis of John Smoke in your response. Assess the risks posed by the offender and select an appropriate supervision assignment.
- If you were his probation officer, what would be the best probation plan for John to be implemented?
- Why do you believe your PSI report is fundamental in understanding the causes of an offender’s criminal and antisocial behavior? Why do you think a clinical evaluation of an offender’s potential change is vital?
The paper should follow proper .
Individual Project Rubric
The Individual Project (IP) Grading Rubric is a scoring tool that represents the performance expectations for the IP. This Individual Project Grading Rubric is divided into components that provide a clear description of what should be included within each component of the IP. It’s the roadmap that can help you in the development of your IP.
|Expectation||Points Possible||Points Earned||Comments|
|Adequately assesses the risks posed by offender and selects the best supervision practice as per Appendix A.||
|In the role as probation officer, explains the chosen probation plan for the offender.||
|Discusses the significance of a PSI in understanding the offender’s criminal behavior.||
|Justifies the importance of an offender’s clinical evaluation.||
|Professional Language: Assignment contains accurate grammar, spelling, and/or punctuation with few or no errors. (APA formatting is required or style specified in assignment).||
Total Points Earned
OTHER INFORMATIONThere is no additional information to display at this time.NEED HELP?
What Students Are Saying About Us.......... Customer ID: 12*** | Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"Honestly, I was afraid to send my paper to you, but you proved you are a trustworthy service. My essay was done in less than a day, and I received a brilliant piece. I didn’t even believe it was my essay at first 🙂 Great job, thank you!"
.......... Customer ID: 11***| Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"This company is the best there is. They saved me so many times, I cannot even keep count. Now I recommend it to all my friends, and none of them have complained about it. The writers here are excellent."