This is your opportunity to find an outside speaker (not associated with this course) from either TED.com or AmericanRhetoric.com. In this assignment you will view a speech from either website that was delivered within the past five years, and not the same speech you wrote about in the “Influential Speech” assignment, and evaluate the effectiveness of specific aspects of the presentation. 1. Provide the following information:
Name of speaker;
Type of event;
Date of event;
Place of event;
Time and length of event
2. What was the speaker’s desired response? How do you know? (Chapters 8, 11, 13)
3. What was the occasion for this speech? Did the speaker seem to consider this? (Chapter 3) 4. What was the demographic and attitudinal makeup of the audience? Did the speaker seem to consider these? (Chapters 6, 13)
5. Was the introduction effective? Why or why not? (Chapter 7)
6. What types of support were used? How effective were the speaker’s choices? (Chapter 9)
7. What types of organizational strategies and transitions did the speaker use? Were they effective? (Chapters 6, 13)
8. What were the main points of the speech? How did you identify them? (Chapter 4)
9. Was the conclusion effective Why or why not? (Chapter 7)
10. How credible was the speaker? (Chapters 3,8,9,13)
11. Describe and evaluate the speaker’s use of language. (Chapter 12)
12. Describe and evaluate the speaker’s use of the voice. (Chapter 10)
13. Describe and evaluate the speaker’s use of other elements of nonverbal delivery. (Chapter 10)
14. Explain your overall reaction to the speech and event.
15. What did you learn from this experience that you can incorporate into your own speaking?
The post What was the demographic and attitudinal makeup of the audience? appeared first on Homework Aider.
What Students Are Saying About Us.......... Customer ID: 12*** | Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"Honestly, I was afraid to send my paper to you, but you proved you are a trustworthy service. My essay was done in less than a day, and I received a brilliant piece. I didn’t even believe it was my essay at first 🙂 Great job, thank you!"
.......... Customer ID: 11***| Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"This company is the best there is. They saved me so many times, I cannot even keep count. Now I recommend it to all my friends, and none of them have complained about it. The writers here are excellent."