Why are some social movements successful in changing public opinion?
Before you start writing, use the sources listed below to identify two examples of a social
movement either shifting public opinion or failing to do so. (All sources are also posted on
Quercus). Your paragraph must discuss both the examples that you have identified. Be sure to consult Deva Woodlys 2013 lecture.
successful in changing public opinion because…
1. Your paragraph must have a thesis statement in which you respond to the question, take a
clear position, and give reasons. Your thesis statement is the main argument of your
essay. It should be one of the first sentences. Consult the Thesis Statement handout on
Quercus for more information.
2. The remainder of your paragraph should focus on making a persuasive argument that
supports your thesis statement with evidence. Consult the Making a Persuasive Argument
handout on Quercus for more information.
3. You should support your argument using evidence from materials in this course.
4. When you use an idea that is not your own, you should cite it appropriately in the
Chicago author-date format, and include a reference list (or bibliography). For example,
the YouTube video can be cited (Woodly 2013).
5. For additional information on citation, consult the Citing, Quoting, and Paraphrasing
handout on Quercus. This material will be covered further in a future tutorial.
6. You may copy the reference list below.
What Students Are Saying About Us.......... Customer ID: 12*** | Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"Honestly, I was afraid to send my paper to you, but you proved you are a trustworthy service. My essay was done in less than a day, and I received a brilliant piece. I didn’t even believe it was my essay at first 🙂 Great job, thank you!"
.......... Customer ID: 11***| Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"This company is the best there is. They saved me so many times, I cannot even keep count. Now I recommend it to all my friends, and none of them have complained about it. The writers here are excellent."