Write a 3-page paper discussing how to build a preparedness program using the Preparedness Planning Cycle and the programmatic elements outlined in Chapter 4 of NFPA 1600.
You have been hired as the brand new emergency manager for a K-12 School District who has never employed an emergency manager before. They have never had a business continuity, risk management, or emergency management program in the district and they have hired you to create one. The Superintendent for the District has asked you to put together a paper outlining the necessary components of a preparedness program. The Superintendent has a degree in psychology and a Ph.D. in education. He is very focused on social sciences and needs-based programs.
The purpose of this paper is to teach you how to marry the Preparedness Planning Cycle and the programmatic elements outlined in NFPA 1600 together to create a preparedness program. For example, the Preparedness Planning Cycle discusses the need to have exercises to test and evaluate the preparedness program. NFPA 1600 discusses the need for funding which you much have to implement an exercise program. You cannot have a program without funding and a way to test and improve the program.
- The paper will discuss all of the components of the Preparedness Planning Cycle.
- The paper will discuss how to bridge capability shortfalls (i.e., equipment, training, people, and/or facilities).
- The paper will discuss the programmatic elements outlined in NFPA 1600.
- The paper will marry the programmatic elements outlined in Chapter 4 of NFPA 1600 with the Preparedness Planning Cycle to create a sound emergency management program.
- The paper will discuss the correlation between NFPA 1600 programmatic elements and the Preparedness Planning Cycle.
- The paper will include a critical analysis of the program, explaining why the chosen program is the logical solution.
- You will use at least three credible sources: the textbook and two additional academic sources and will cite them using APA citations.
- The paper will be at least three pages and will be turned in on time.
What Students Are Saying About Us.......... Customer ID: 12*** | Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"Honestly, I was afraid to send my paper to you, but you proved you are a trustworthy service. My essay was done in less than a day, and I received a brilliant piece. I didn’t even believe it was my essay at first 🙂 Great job, thank you!"
.......... Customer ID: 11***| Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"This company is the best there is. They saved me so many times, I cannot even keep count. Now I recommend it to all my friends, and none of them have complained about it. The writers here are excellent."