As the marketing director for a large retailer, you have been given the task of understanding why consumer demand has decreased dramatically for one of the company’s store-brand signature products. To understand this outcome, you will need to gather information from consumers and store employees. Once the data has been collected, you will analyze it and submit a report to the executive leadership team. Your paper should answer the original question and include a recommendation for resolving the problem based on your study's findings.
You may choose a company or create a fictional one that can be used throughout this course.
One of the key concepts of research is called sampling. Sampling uses a small part of a population to discover and describe characteristics of the whole population. You will design a sampling procedure that will meet the requirements of rigor for sample selection.
- Provide a brief description of the name of the company and its signature products.
- Include a research question(s) that represents the need described in the scenario.
- Create a list of 30 fictional names.
- Select fictional people to participate in your practice study described in the scenario above.
- The final sample needs to include at least 6 names from your list.
- Write a description of the sampling procedure that you employed and the outcomes of it.
- In other words, how did you go about selecting the 6 names?
- Please include a description of the group composition (for example:
number of males and females).
- Include how you would gather and analyze information, answer your research question(s), and present your findings to the executive leadership team.
At least two references are required. APA formatting is required (i.e., title page, margins, references page, etc.).
You will design two surveys (one focused on customers and one focused on employees) that will answer the question posed in the Key Assignment. Be sure that the surveys are structured correctly and written to maximize data collection. You will complete 6 surveys, 3 from the perspective of the customers and 3 from the perspective of the employees. This data will provide the information for the analysis you will do later, so be as deliberate and thoughtful as you can when completing the surveys (think like a customer and then like an employee).
Use the following information to help you formulate the questions you will ask in your survey. You may add additional questions if you would like, but at a minimum, you must use the survey questions provided below for the customers and employees.
- For customers:
- Frequency of shopping at the store (you name it)
- Past purchases of the product (you name it)
- Purchases of the product in the last month
- Perceptions of why product sales have decreased
- What would encourage the customer to begin purchasing the product again?
- For store employees:
- Length of employment
- Perceptions of why the product sales have decreased o Recommendations of what the company can do to increase sales
The answers from each population need to reflect some variability and should be clearly written from the two differing perspectives.
What Students Are Saying About Us.......... Customer ID: 12*** | Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"Honestly, I was afraid to send my paper to you, but you proved you are a trustworthy service. My essay was done in less than a day, and I received a brilliant piece. I didn’t even believe it was my essay at first 🙂 Great job, thank you!"
.......... Customer ID: 11***| Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"This company is the best there is. They saved me so many times, I cannot even keep count. Now I recommend it to all my friends, and none of them have complained about it. The writers here are excellent."