Prepare this assignment as a 1,500-1,750 word paper using the instructor feedback from the Topic 1, 2, and 3 assignments and the guidelines below.
Revise the PICOT statement you wrote in the Topic 1 assignment.
The final PICOT statement will provide a framework for your capstone project (the project students must complete during their final course in the RN-BSN program of study).
In the Topic 2 and Topic 3 assignments you completed a qualitative and quantitative research critique. Use the feedback you received from your instructor on these assignments to finalize the critical analysis of the study by making appropriate revisions.
The completed analysis should connect to your identified practice problem of interest that is the basis for your PICOT statement.
Refer to “Research Critique Guidelines.” Questions under each heading should be addressed as a narrative in the structure of a formal paper.
Proposed Evidence-Based Practice Change
Discuss the link between the PICOT statement, the research articles, and the nursing practice problem you identified. Include relevant details and supporting explanation and use that information to propose evidence-based practice changes.
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
To write a critical appraisal that demonstrates comprehension of the research study conducted, address each component below for qualitative study in the Topic 2 assignment and the quantitative study in the Topic 3 assignment.
Successful completion of this assignment requires that you provide a rationale, include examples, or reference content from the study in your responses.
Background of Study:
· Identify the clinical problem and research problem that led to the study. What was not known about the clinical problem that, if understood, could be used to improve health care delivery or patient outcomes? This gap in knowledge is the research problem.
· How did the author establish the significance of the study? In other words, why should the reader care about this study? Look for statements about human suffering, costs of treatment, or the number of people affected by the clinical problem.
· Identify the purpose of the study. An author may clearly state the purpose of the study or may describe the purpose as the study goals, objectives, or aims.
· List research questions that the study was designed to answer. If the author does not explicitly provide the questions, attempt to infer the questions from the answers.
· Were the purpose and research questions related to the problem?
Method of Study:
· Were qualitative methods appropriate to answer the research questions?
· Did the author identify a specific perspective from which the study was developed? If so, what was it?
· Did the author cite quantitative and qualitative studies relevant to the focus of the study? What other types of literature did the author include?
· Are the references current? For qualitative studies, the author may have included studies older than the 5-year limit typically used for quantitative studies. Findings of older qualitative studies may be relevant to a qualitative study.
· Did the author evaluate or indicate the weaknesses of the available studies?
· Did the literature review include adequate information to build a logical argument?
· When a researcher uses the grounded theory method of qualitative inquiry, the researcher may develop a framework or diagram as part of the findings of the study. Was a framework developed from the study findings?
Results of Study
· What were the study findings?
· What are the implications to nursing?
· Explain how the findings contribute to nursing knowledge/science. Would this impact practice, education, administration, or all areas of nursing?
· Was the study approved by an Institutional Review Board?
· Was patient privacy protected?
· Were there ethical considerations regarding the treatment or lack of?
· Emphasize the importance and congruity of the thesis statement.
· Provide a logical wrap-up to bring the appraisal to completion and to leave a lasting impression and take-away points useful in nursing practice.
· Incorporate a critical appraisal and a brief analysis of the utility and applicability of the findings to nursing practice.
· Integrate a summary of the knowledge learned.
What Students Are Saying About Us.......... Customer ID: 12*** | Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"Honestly, I was afraid to send my paper to you, but you proved you are a trustworthy service. My essay was done in less than a day, and I received a brilliant piece. I didn’t even believe it was my essay at first 🙂 Great job, thank you!"
.......... Customer ID: 11***| Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"This company is the best there is. They saved me so many times, I cannot even keep count. Now I recommend it to all my friends, and none of them have complained about it. The writers here are excellent."