Through Chapter 15 of your Farnham textbook, you will learn why countries trade, the gains from trade, and why some countries choose to establish barriers to trade, such as protectionist policies. You will be discussing both pros and cons of international trade. The biblical perspective on trade will also be brought in to enrich the discussion.
- Read Chapter 15 in Farnham.
- Read 27:9, Eze. 28:18, and Prov. 31:18. Use if you wish to find out more about how trade played an important role in biblical times.
- Find an article from a reputable news source that discusses recent issues regarding trade barriers or trade agreement negotiations for the U.S. or any country.
- Use either of these websites as resources: and .
- Prepare to discuss the textbook chapter, your selected article, and the Scripture references as follows:
- Does the U.S. have a trade deficit or surplus? (research this separately)
- What are the arguments for protectionism or free trade?
- How is this affecting (expected to affect) the economy (consumers, business dealings, prices, tariff income generated, etc.)
- How do these trade issues relate to the Bible passages above and a biblical worldview?
- Initial post due by Wednesday. Write a 300-word post addressing the points above. Be sure to include information from appropriate texts with proper citations and a reference section if citations are included.
- Replies due by Saturday. After reading the posts of all your fellow students, reply to two fellow students with a minimum 200-word post engaging their initial post. Feel free to ask questions regarding the information they share.
What Students Are Saying About Us.......... Customer ID: 12*** | Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"Honestly, I was afraid to send my paper to you, but you proved you are a trustworthy service. My essay was done in less than a day, and I received a brilliant piece. I didn’t even believe it was my essay at first 🙂 Great job, thank you!"
.......... Customer ID: 11***| Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"This company is the best there is. They saved me so many times, I cannot even keep count. Now I recommend it to all my friends, and none of them have complained about it. The writers here are excellent."