IMPORTANT: USING FEDEX AS THE CHOSEN COMPANY FOR THIS SCENARIO
The director of finance has forwarded you a scenario project to assist him in gaining some insight into the profitability and risk trade-offs of alternative polices. This insight will assist in making better decisions concerning the company working capital policy, which may lead to an increase in shareholder wealth.
For this scenario project, you will investigate the best combinations of short-term and long-term debt to use in financing the company assets. The director of finance is considering implementing one of the following financing policies below: Aggressive, Moderate, or Conservative. Ensure you show your work for all computations:
Use the following information and assumptions in your scenarios:
- The companys annual sales and earnings before interest and taxes (EBIT) from its most recent 10-K report.
- The companys current assets from its most recent 10-K report.
- The companys fixed assets from its most recent 10-K report.
- Use a fixed tax rate of 23.5% in all three scenarios.
Use the following growth assumptions to calculate Sales, EBIT, and current assets for each scenario:
|Sales Growth Rate||EBIT Growth Rate||Current Assets Growth Rate|
Use the following assumptions to compute interest expense on long-term debt and short-term debt in each scenario:
|Short-Term Debt Interest Rate||Long-Term Debt Interest Rate|
Use the following assumptions to calculate current liabilities as a % of projected current assets for each scenario:
Assume current asset plus fixed assets are the total assets in all three scenarios.
Hold the total debt / total assets ratio at 50% for all three scenarios. Therefore, stockholders equity is 50% of total assets in all three scenarios.
Long-term debt equals total debt less current liabilities in all three scenarios.
For purposes of this assignment, current liabilities and short-term liabilities are the same thing, and there are no other current liabilities.
In your paper, determine the following for each of the three financing policies (Aggressive, Moderate, and Conservative):
- Compute the expected rate of return on stockholders equity.
- Compute the net working capital position.
- Compute the current ratio.
- Analyze the profitability versus risk trade-offs of these three polices.
- Recommend a specific course of action to consider that will assist in making better decisions concerning the company working capital policy which may lead to an increase in shareholder wealth.
The Working Capital Investment Policy paper
- Must be three to five double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the UAGC Writing Centers APA Style (Links to an external site.) resource.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of project
- Students name
- Course name and number
- Instructors name
- Date submitted
- For further assistance with the formatting and the title page, refer to APA Formatting for Word 2013 (Links to an external site.).
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice (Links to an external site.) resource for additional guidance.
- Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
- For assistance on writing Introductions & Conclusions (Links to an external site.) as well as Writing a Thesis Statement (Links to an external site.), refer to the UAGC Writing Center resources.
- Must use at least three credible sources in addition to the course text to support your analysis.
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA style as outlined in the UAGC Writing Centers Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.) guide.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the UAGC Writing Center. See the Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.) resource in the UAGC Writing Center for specifications.
What Students Are Saying About Us.......... Customer ID: 12*** | Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"Honestly, I was afraid to send my paper to you, but you proved you are a trustworthy service. My essay was done in less than a day, and I received a brilliant piece. I didn’t even believe it was my essay at first 🙂 Great job, thank you!"
.......... Customer ID: 11***| Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"This company is the best there is. They saved me so many times, I cannot even keep count. Now I recommend it to all my friends, and none of them have complained about it. The writers here are excellent."