Title of Assignment
Professional Identity of the Nurse: Scope of Nursing Practice
Purpose of Assignment:
According to Larson, Brady, Engelmann, Perkins, and Shultz (2013), “the development of professional identity is a continuous process that begins with admission to the nursing program and evolves throughout one’s professional career in a dynamic and fluid process where interacting relationship of education and practice lead to self-reflection, growth, and human flourishing” (p. 138).
Larson, J., Brady, N., Engelmann, L., Perkins, B., & Shultz, C. (2013). The formation of professional identity in nursing. Nursing Education Perspectives.34 (2). p 138.
Describe the foundations of nursing practice.
Explain the roles and scope of practice for members of the intraprofessional team.
Describe principles of effective communication in the healthcare setting.
This course includes a project with three parts. Each part builds off prior knowledge to help you create your nurse professional identity. In the first part, you examine the role of the nurse and scope of practice, which will help you identify the nurses’ role. In the second part, you describe the importance of the code of ethics in nursing, and examine the standards of nursing practice for the role you are obtaining during the nursing program. The final submission requires you to use the first two parts of your assignment to explain your belief of caring in nursing, describe your professional identity, and identify a potential professional organization that you may join to help support your development.
Prepare a two to three page written assignment that includes the following:
· Introduction to the assignment (sections of the assignment)
· Describe the importance of the code of ethics in nursing
· Identify the American Nurses Association Standards of Practice for the licensure you are obtaining (LPN or RN)
· Conclusion (reflect on the criteria of the assignment)
· Use at least two credible resources to support your findings. For example, one of the resources could be the ANA Standards of Practice, and another resource could be the ANA Code of Ethics. These resources must be integrated into the body of your paper using at least two in-text citations. Be sure to use proper APA format and style.
· Two to three page written assignment
· Standard American English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.)
· Logical, original and insightful
· Professional organization, style, and mechanics in APA format
· Run your paper through Grammarly and make corrections to identified errors before submission. Note: You must use the following link to create your Grammarly account. You must use your Rasmussen student email address: https://www.grammarly.com/signin?page=edu
Rasmussen College Online Library School of Nursing > Your Career > Jobs and Outlook > Professional Associations Tab
Rasmussen College offers many different resources to support your academic writing.
· Writing Help: How do I access writing support?
School of Nursing Online Guide > Nursing Research https://guides.rasmussen.edu/nursing/research
Before you begin your search, it is important to understand:
· What is a scholarly or peer reviewed article?
· What is the difference between evidence-based articles and scholarly, research articles?
· How do I know if a source is credible?
Use the links below when you are ready to start searching the online library:
· How do I find scholarly/peer-reviewed nursing articles?
· How do I find articles about nursing best practices?
· Discovery database: What is it, and how do I use it?
New to APA? Watch this video for a brief introduction:
· APA Quick Start
Want a more in-depth introduction to APA? Watch the 30 minute APA Basics webinar:
· APA in 30 Minutes
The APA Guide contains all of the information you need to create a research paper in the APA style, including:
· APA Sample Paper
· APA Paper Template
· Examples of Reference list citations
· In-text citations
· Formatting an APA paper including the cover page
Integrating resources into your writing is a crucial writing skill. Watch this video on how to paraphrase, summarize, and quote resources.
· Integrate outside resources into your academic writing
Learn more about creating a references list and how NoodleTools can help you by watching the webinar below or view our series of short videos:
· APA Reference List and NoodleTools Software
· NoodleTools Video Series
Total Possible Points = 100
Levels of Achievement
Initial introduction does not include explanations of the sections of the paper. Failure to submit introduction will result in zero points for this criteria.
Introduction includes a brief explanation for the sections of the paper.
Introduction includes a clear explanation of the sections of the paper and supporting evidence.
Introduction includes a comprehensive explanation for the sections of the paper with detailed examples and supporting evidence.
Code of Ethics
Code of ethics section lacks suggestions and/or supporting evidence. Failure to submit this section will result in zero points for this criteria.
Code of ethics section includes minimal discussion on ethics with limited supporting evidence.
Code of ethics section includes discussion with examples and supporting evidence.
Code of ethics section offers substantial contributions and detailed examples with supporting evidence.
Standards of Practice
Standards of Practice lacks presentation and/or supporting evidence.
Failure to submit this section will result in zero points for this criteria.
Standards of Practice includes minimal presentation with limited supporting evidence.
Standards of Practice includes presentation with examples with supporting evidence.
Standards of Practice includes substantial presentation and detailed examples with supporting evidence.
Conclusion lacks a summary of the sections of the paper.
Failure to submit this section will result in zero points for this criteria.
Conclusion includes minimal summary of the sections of the paper.
Conclusion includes a summary of the paper with supporting evidence.
Conclusion includes a substantial summary of the paper with detailed examples with supporting evidence.
Spelling and Grammar
Spelling and grammar contain substantial errors that make sentences and/or paragraphs incoherent.
Spelling and grammar errors occur but are inconsistent. Paragraphs and sentences are coherent but may exhibit spelling errors, run-on’s or fragments, and/or improper verb tense usage.
Displays proper grammar application, and writing contains minimal to no spelling errors. May contain rare improper uses of words (ex., their vs. there), a misplaced modifier, or a run-on sentence, but does not detract from the overall understanding of the sentence and/or paragraph.
Demonstrates an exemplary application of spelling and grammar.
Citations do not follow APA Style. Quotations, paraphrases, and summaries are not cited, or there is no attempt to cite them using APA style.
Errors in APA citations are noticeable and may detract from the ability to locate the original source (for example, no title provided, year of publication is missing, no punctuation).
Errors in APA citations are less noticeable and do not detract from the ability to locate the original source (for example, a missing or misused comma or period, missing parentheses, author name not properly abbreviated, indentation is misaligned).
APA citations are free of style and formatting errors.
What Students Are Saying About Us.......... Customer ID: 12*** | Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"Honestly, I was afraid to send my paper to you, but you proved you are a trustworthy service. My essay was done in less than a day, and I received a brilliant piece. I didn’t even believe it was my essay at first 🙂 Great job, thank you!"
.......... Customer ID: 11***| Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"This company is the best there is. They saved me so many times, I cannot even keep count. Now I recommend it to all my friends, and none of them have complained about it. The writers here are excellent."