Substance of Justice Assignment
What happens to convicted criminals after they’ve “paid their debt to society?”
Go to the Texas Department of Public Safety’s website: http://records.txdps.state.tx.us/
You have to pay money to look at a lot of their criminal history records, but the sex offender database is free for anyone to search.
Click on Sex Offender Search, click that you agree to their caveats about the information not being perfect, then scroll down to “Search An Area.”
Put in your zip code and see what you find 77077
Write a short essay telling:
- How many sex offenders live in your zip code (If you don’t have any, which isn’t likely, pick a friend’s zip code)
- What are some of the crimes they were convicted of committing? What were some of the victims’ ages?
- How do you feel about them living in your area?
- How do you feel about everybody knowing their criminal past if they’ve reformed, and are just trying to live in peace?
- Should this type of information be more easily available (for other crimes, for example) to help us protect ourselves, or less easily available to help former offenders reenter society?
Submit this assignment in Microsoft Word. Cite your sources.
What Students Are Saying About Us.......... Customer ID: 12*** | Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"Honestly, I was afraid to send my paper to you, but you proved you are a trustworthy service. My essay was done in less than a day, and I received a brilliant piece. I didn’t even believe it was my essay at first 🙂 Great job, thank you!"
.......... Customer ID: 11***| Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"This company is the best there is. They saved me so many times, I cannot even keep count. Now I recommend it to all my friends, and none of them have complained about it. The writers here are excellent."