To what degree does the interviewee identify with the cultural group?
THE PURPOSE OF THIS ASSIGNMENT IS TO PROVIDE THE STUDENT WITH THE OPPORTUNITY TO ENGAGE WITH PERSONS FROM A DIFFERENT CULTURAL BACKGROUND THAN THE STUDENT. USING THE ANDREWS/BOYLE TRANSCULTURAL
The purpose of this assignment is to provide the student with the opportunity to engage with persons from a different cultural background than the student. Using the Andrews/Boyle Transcultural Assessment Guide for Individuals and Families (Appendix p. 451-455), the student will conduct an interview with a colleague, friend, or neighbor from a different cultural background than the student. The student will compare and contrast the interviewee?s responses to what is found in the professional literature about that cultural group. The student will share these findings with his classmates in a PowerPoint presentation WITHOUT identifying the interviewee?s name.
Presentations and peer comments are to be posted to the discussion board in the Cross-Cultural Interview Presentation Discussion forum. Post your presentation by creating a new thread and title it by your last name, first name (example: Boyd, LaQuesha Presentation).
Using the Andrews/Boyle Transcultural Assessment Guide for Individuals and Families (Appendix p. 451-455), please address the following:
1. Describe the interviewee?s Cultural Affiliation.
a. What cultural group(s) does the interviewee report affiliation?
b. To what degree does the interviewee identify with the cultural group?
c. Where was the interviewee born?
d. Where has he or she lived?
e. If immigrated to the U. S., what were the reasons?
2. Present interviewee?s responses to three (3) questions you are to choose from one (1) of the following areas:
? Health related beliefs and practices (p. 452) OR
? Nutrition (p. 454 & 455) OR
? Values Orientation (p. 455)
3. Compare & contrast the interviewee?s answers to what is in the professional literature.
4. What are the nursing implications for patient assessment and monitoring, and cross-cultural communication?
5. A minimum of two (2) professional resources OTHER than your text is required to support the content of your presentation. Citations must appear on the slide or in the speakers notes AND be included on a complete reference list slide or slides.
6. The presentation must be organized and logical with title, focus, & objectives clearly stated.
7. The script is easy to read.
8. There is creative use of visual aids and color to enhance presentation.
The post To what degree does the interviewee identify with the cultural group? appeared first on My Nursing Paper.
What Students Are Saying About Us.......... Customer ID: 12*** | Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"Honestly, I was afraid to send my paper to you, but you proved you are a trustworthy service. My essay was done in less than a day, and I received a brilliant piece. I didn’t even believe it was my essay at first 🙂 Great job, thank you!"
.......... Customer ID: 11***| Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"This company is the best there is. They saved me so many times, I cannot even keep count. Now I recommend it to all my friends, and none of them have complained about it. The writers here are excellent."