For this project, you will be building a website using , which is free and easy to use. Wix features user-friendly drag and drop technology, so you can easily change or customize your website. All that is required is to set-up an account using your email address and password. Here is a . There is also a good explanation of building a website with Wix. Wix also has an excellent to address any questions you have while creating your website.
Your website will feature a style of global pop music selected from the list below and should include the following:
1. A summary of your chosen global popular music style, including a brief history.
2. An explanation of how elements of the music’s culture are reflected in the music.
3. A description of the instruments used in that style of music.
4. An evaluation of all of these key attributes of the music: melody, harmony, timbre, rhythm and form.
5. Specific introduction to one piece of music from your chosen popular music style. Be sure to include at least one example of the music, such as through linking to YouTube performances or embedding YouTube video. The introduction of the chosen music example should include the artist, the title of the example, and a one paragraph description of the music.
The above elements can either be included on one page of a website or separated into different pages.
Be sure to include your name on your website. Your website should include photos and video (either linked or embedded). Remember that embedded photos and videos need to be cited.
Sources must be valid, academic sources (i.e. Do not use non-academic websites, such as Wikipedia or About.com). Your website should not contain more than 15% direct quotes and direct quotes must be in quotation marks followed by a citation. Direct quotes and paraphrased material must be cited in the body of the text and in a reference section.
After your website is completed and published, post the link to your website in Assignments > Global Popular Music by Sunday of Week 7 at 11:59 pm (Eastern time).
Your project will be evaluated according to the attached grading rubric.
If you have any questions or concerns about this project, please post in the “Questions” thread in our classroom. If you have a question of a personal nature, please contact me via Messages. I’m happy to help. I’m looking forward to exploring everyone’s websites!
Global Popular Music Options
Boomba (a.k.a Kapuka)
What Students Are Saying About Us.......... Customer ID: 12*** | Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"Honestly, I was afraid to send my paper to you, but you proved you are a trustworthy service. My essay was done in less than a day, and I received a brilliant piece. I didn’t even believe it was my essay at first 🙂 Great job, thank you!"
.......... Customer ID: 11***| Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"This company is the best there is. They saved me so many times, I cannot even keep count. Now I recommend it to all my friends, and none of them have complained about it. The writers here are excellent."