Worth 100 points
Throughout this course, we have read/discussed various cultural elements.Culture relies on 10 elements (see below). For this analysis, you will watch the popular film "Black Panther", and provide an example for each of the 10 elements as found within the film and the Wakandan culture. Next, you will pick ONE of the elements and the example you used and compare it to ONE of the cultures presented within our textbook. You will conclude with your own thoughts on the following cultural themes as they are presented in the movie: 1) gender roles 2) tradition vs. change 3) the use of oral traditions 4) rituals and spiritual practices, and 5) science vs religion
Ten Elements of Culture
(The learned behaviors, traditions, beliefs,
and a way of life created by a group of people.)
Values & Beliefs
Dress & Other Body Decorations
Religion & Religious Practices
Traditions & Customs
View of Time
Recreation & Leisure
Instructions (broken down):
1) Watch the popular marvel movie "Black Panther" – this can watched or rented on pretty much any streaming platform service (amazon, youtube, vudu, etc.) for around $3.00. Netflix or Disney Plus will have it free, with a membership or free trial.
2) Provide one example for each of the 10 cultural elements as found with the film. Be detailed and specific.
3) Then, choose ONE of the examples that you provided, and expand upon it by comparing/contrasting it to one of the cultures found within our textbook. For example, if you choose the element "dress and other body decorations", you will compare what you saw within the film with the dress and other body decorations of one of the cultures presented within our textbook. How are they similar? How are they different?
4) Conclude, with your ideas of the following cultural themes as they are presented in the movie: 1) gender roles 2) tradition vs. change 3) the use of oral traditions 4) rituals and spiritual practices, and 5) science vs religion
Presentation and expectations:
- At least 3-5 pages in length, double-spaced. 12 point font
- Demonstrates college-level writing skills, critical thinking, and provides in-depth responses
- Title page and works cited page included
- Sources are cited
- Direct connection made between the film and the textbook, with specific examples.
- Every element found within the instructional prompt has been included
What Students Are Saying About Us.......... Customer ID: 12*** | Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"Honestly, I was afraid to send my paper to you, but you proved you are a trustworthy service. My essay was done in less than a day, and I received a brilliant piece. I didn’t even believe it was my essay at first 🙂 Great job, thank you!"
.......... Customer ID: 11***| Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"This company is the best there is. They saved me so many times, I cannot even keep count. Now I recommend it to all my friends, and none of them have complained about it. The writers here are excellent."